Tax Relief

If you are paying a Care provider such as A Ghrá Care Services then Income tax relief can be claimed subject to certain revenue rules.  This means that you and/or your relatives could receive up to 40% tax relief of the cost of the service. It is also possible to seek this relief ongoing through your tax credits, thereby getting the benefit as part of your monthly or weekly salary.

There is an upper limit of  75,000 euro of care costs per year that is allowable, and this can be divided among family members on a pro rata basis.

You can claim tax relief by completing a revenue form called  “HK1” claim form which can be downloaded from  website . Click here to download  HK1 form. Please note you must claim the relief each and every year.

The link below will take you to further information on Tax reliefs:

Covid-19 InformationRead More